In order to keep my giant pile of unread things from getting any bigger, my resolution for 2016 was to not buy a new book until I'd read at least one I already own. How did that go?
Yes, I am the Mayor of Failure. Fear my monocle. From Samhain Publishing announcing they were shutting down to BookBub and Goodreads pointing me at e-books I wanted on sale to Open Road Media offering thousands of e-books for free the weekend before Christmas, circumstances conspired against my success. My inner miser can't pass up a book sale.
The other problem is that I read a lot of series books (like, a lot of series books) and was ending up going a long time between being able to buy new volumes of series I read, so I got behind on a lot of my series. (I totally cracked before I went on vacation in September and stocked up on a bunch of series books.)
I will probably try this resolution again at some point in the future, but my resolution for 2017 is to focus on catching up on my various series.
Stuff I read in 2016:
1. For a Reason by Jessie G. -- 354 p.
2. Threshold by Jordan L. Hawk -- 200 p.
3. Beginning Operations by James White -- 503 p.
4. A Queer Trade by K.J. Charles -- 58 p.
5. Wood by Jordan Castillo Price -- 14 p.
6. Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Magnate's Son by R.A. Steffan -- 48 p.
7. Rag and Bone by K.J. Charles -- 145 p.
8. Time and Tide by E.M. Lindsey -- 144 p.
9. Arena Mode by Blake Northcott -- 194 p.
10. Old Poison by Josh Lanyon -- 104 p.
11. Camp Hell by Jordan Castillo Price -- 286 p.
12. Heed Not Our Wounds by R.A. Steffan -- 200 p.
13. Breakdown by Jonathan Kellerman -- 322 p.
14. Break and Enter by Rachel Haimowitz & Aleksandr Voinov -- 105 p.
15. The Mermaid Murders by Josh Lanyon -- 213 p.
16. Necropath by Eric Brown -- 254 p.
17. The Ruin of Gabriel Ashleigh by K.J. Charles -- 46 p.
18. Dynasty of Ghosts by P.L. Nunn -- 690 p.
19. Extreme Medical Services by Jamie Davis -- 167 p.
20. The Starving Years by Jordan Castillo Price -- 221 p.
21. Somebody Killed His Editor by Josh Lanyon -- 220 p.
22. Through the Fog by Michael C. Grumley -- 136 p.
23. Hunter of Demons by Jordan L. Hawk -- 116 p.
24. Master of Ghouls by Jordan L. Hawk -- 86 p.
25. Blood Heat by Josh Lanyon -- 88 p.
26. Diamond Bar Alpha Ranch by R.A. Steffan -- 115 p.
27. GhosTV by Jordan Castillo Price -- 338 p.
28. Reaper of Souls by Jordan L. Hawk -- 105 p.
29. The Alienist by Caleb Carr -- 599 p.
30. PsyCop Briefs: Volume 1 by Jordan Castillo Price -- 209 p.
31. Harmony Black by Craig Schaefer -- 282 p.
32. Eater of Lives by Jordan L. Hawk -- 85 p.
33. Spook Squad by Jordan Castillo Price -- 330 p.
34. Winter Blom by D.J. Jamison -- 128 p.
35. Destroyer of Worlds by Jordan L. Hawk -- 110 p.
1. Challenger: An American Tragedy by Hugh Harris -- 87 p.
2. Death in Yellowstone by Lee H. Whittlesey -- 422 p.
3. Beating Back the Devil by Maryn McKenna -- 303 p.
4. Why Diets Fail (Because You're Addicted to Sugar) by Nicole M. Avena & John R. Talbott -- 189 p.
5. Pogue's Basics: Essential Tips and Shortcuts (That No One Bothers to Tell You) for Simplifying the Technology in Your Life by David Pogue -- 163 p.
6. The Woman Who Wasn't There by Robin Gaby Fisher & Angelo J. Guglielmo, Jr. -- 249 p.
7. Voodoo Histories by David Aaronovitch -- 388 p.
1. Dear Myself by Eiki Eiki -- 200 p.
2. World's End by Eiki Eiki -- 232 p.
3. Same Cell Organism by Sumomo Yumeka -- 176 p.
4. Love Share by Aoi Kujyou -- 192 p.
5. Diabolo 3 by Kei Kusunoki & Kaoru Ohashi -- 216 p.
Single Issue Comics
You know, ever since I started reading M/M romance regularly, I haven't been reading nearly as much fic. I guess M/M romance novels push the same buttons for me that fic does.